Looking ahead – how can I help?


It is now 2 months since I returned to Tohoku, and I have been busy sharing the experiences I had over there with people here in Australia. There has been an incredible amount of support for the people affected by this disaster, and I know the people in Iwate are very grateful for all the generous support they have received – from donations, to volunteer assistance, food packages and school uniforms.

The main way we can help from now on is to visit Japan, visit Tohoku and see the local tourist sites (which in Iwate are open for business as usual). That way we can contribute directly to these local economies, where our assistance is needed most.

Ganbaro Iwate!!


Speaking at the 2011 Japan Matsuri Festival in Sydney





















































Presentation at the Consulate-General of Japan in Sydney








No comments:

Post a Comment